Friday, September 05, 2008

Lindsay and Andrew's Wedding-The Grand Colonial, Perreyville, NJ
































one of the greatest things about being a photojournalist is being able to meet wonderful people and sharing in their life. When it is a wedding, I get to go in on one of the best days of a couple's life and document it for them. And when those people are as wonderful as the MacDonald and Weitz families and all their friends, it just makes me even more thankful that I stumbled upon photography almost 3 decades ago.
Lindsay and Andrew were/are...the perfect couple. Gorgeous to look at, and as personable as they come. Their warmth and glowing personalities as well as every single family member and guest made this wedding definitely one of the best ones I have shot. Their wedding band was Mike Dalton, a popular musician from the Jersey Shore that I first photographed over 20 years ago and who also played at my wedding in 2001. Known as a "bar band" and not the "traditional" wedding band, Mike Dalton has EVERYONE dancing the entire night. I can honestly say that there is not a better band to play a wedding, and I have been to, and photographed A LOT!
Many photographers hate shooting weddings. I love them. I am a photojournalist and a wedding is a story. There is a beginning,a middle and an end. I love capturing moments when sometimes, no one realizes I am there.
I often find myself getting teary eyed at the speeches that are given.
I am a lucky woman. I love what I do and twice in a month, I got to photograph incredible weddings...the first at the beginning of August when my sorority sister Faith married the love of her life, Scott.
Congratulations to both couples

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home