Saturday, April 20, 2013

"The Rascals: Once Upon A Dream" comes to Broadway

The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream After 40 years apart, the original Rascals have reunited, and on the wonderful Broadway stage at the Richard Rodgers Theater in New York City. The man responsible for putting together this wonderful show is none other than Steven Van Zandt, also a big fan and is the co-director and co-producer. While the band is performing their hits, such as “Good Lovin’” “Lonely Too Long,” “It’s a Beautiful Morning,” “How Can I Be Sure” and “Groovin’,” old video footage is shown on a large screen behind them. My feet were tapping and my head was bobbing the entire time-something that makes it challenging while shooting images at the same time but it surely means I am having a great time when I do this. It will be difficult for anyone to remain seated while they perform their catchy songs. Growing up in New Jersey in a family that loved music and the arts, this was one of the first bands I remember my brothers playing on their stereos and at the time, I didn’t even know that this band was from just a few miles down the road from where I lived. The Rascals: Once Upon A Dream is on Broadway for only 15 performances-get your tickets now to witness not only a great part of musical history, but a great show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home