Sunday, June 23, 2013

Shooting, shooting, shooting...plus finishing my book

Once again, it's been a CRAZY CRAZY 2013. I have shoots daily, plus I am finishing my first book-"Bruce Springsteen In Focus, Photographs 1980-2012" - which will be out in stores this fall. My second book was born from this book, but it has nothing to do with Bruce, or any other musician. It will be something 100% different than what most people know me to shoot-music, celebrities, and PEOPLE. There are very few people in this book but that is all the details I can give. While I am out on the book tour for "In Focus" I will continue to work and finish the next one. I was hired once again to shoot a 3 day Hospitality Conference and I just love the people. Bob Woodruff of ABC News was the guest speaker and he is very inspirational. Then there was a great assignment to shoot Cyndi Lauper at Sardi's where she had a character unveiling. I was thrilled when Cyndi won a Tony Award for "Kinky Boots." She is always a joy to photograph. Gary "U.S' Bonds had his 74th Birthday Party and book release party at BB King's in Times Square with a host of special guests, including Southside Johnny and Chubby Checker. I have always loved Gary and his music, and my old friend Hal B. Selzer is his bass player so it was an extra special night. Hal is also on Broadway in "Rock of Ages." Seeing Gary is also like old home week-I get to see many long time friends. Emblem3 and Lil Mix played inside the Good Morning America Studios in Times Square due to a monsoon of a storm outside. I think it was one of the few times the cancelled the outdoor summer concert series and moved them inside. I wasn't sure what to expect from these 2 bands, but it was a great morning. There isn't anything about what I do that I dislike, but I just love when I shoot new bands that are great performers. The 2013 Book Expo was held at the Jacob Javits Center and my book got a nice plug in the Show Daily put out by Publisher's Weekly. Actor Jim Carey even wants to swap books! The biggest thrill, however, was when my favorite photographer, Lynn Goldmith, stopped by to talk for about 40 minutes. Thank Lynn! Several years ago while taking the train from NYC to Rochester, NY, I passed this most amazing sight sitting in the Hudson River on an Island. I found out it was Bannerman Castle, near Beacon, NY and 3 photo women friends and I made the trek to my new obsession. It was a glorious day and I will definitely go back. John Legend performed a mini concert of about 6 songs on Good Morning America. And I will end this post with one of my favorite subjects to photograph, actor Paul Rudd. Almost every photographer in NYC was shooting Brad Pitt at the NY Premiere of "World War Z" but Paul Rudd is tops with my lens. He and Julianna Marquiles were at a benefit reading of "The Mercy Street" at the Lucille Lortel Theater on Christopher Street

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home