Saturday, April 27, 2013

Little Steven Brings Rock and Roll into the Classroom

Most photographers I know, when receiving a call for a shoot, the first thing they want to know is what is the shoot? My first questions are location, and time. For the most part, I don't care what I am shooting-I LOVE what I do and don't care what I am shooting-it's all good to me and always has been. I guess you can say I am the 1%-I REALLY love what I do, even after 29 years professionally in the business. It's still a hobby that I make a living at. But, there are those days when I get to my shoot and it is just joy. This assignment was one of those days-3 hours with Little Steven Van Zandt-guitarist with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band and an amazing solo performer and all around amazing man who really gives back. This assignment was for the Rock and Roll Foundation-and it is a program to keep music in the classrooms. When I walked in, I see a name tag with Robert Santelli. I was THRILLED. I told my contact how excited I was-that I knew Bob from decades ago when he was a writer at the NJ Shore where I lived and my images accompanied his words MANY times in newspapers, books and magazines. He also went grad school and got his Master's Degree along side my mother.When I mentioned this to my contact, she told me he just went to the green room and when he saw me, asked her "was that Debra Rothenberg???" I went upstairs and we caught up, making the day just even more magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home